Microsoft Office is a suite of productivity software that has been a staple in homes and businesses for decades. It includes popular programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and is available in various versions that cater to different needs and budgets.
In this article, we will be comparing two versions of Microsoft Office: Office 2021 and Office 2010. Both of these versions are widely used, and many people are still using Office 2010 even though Office 2021 has been available for a few years now.
To help you decide which version is right for you, we will be comparing the features and capabilities of each version in detail. We will also be looking at the pricing and licensing options for both versions, as well as any compatibility issues that you may need to consider.
So, without further ado, let’s dive into the comparison between Microsoft Office 2021 and Office 2010.
1. Features and capabilities
One of the main differences between Office 2021 and Office 2010 is the range of features and capabilities that are available in each version. Let’s take a closer look at what you can expect from each version.
Office 2021 is the latest version of Microsoft Office, and it comes with a range of new and improved features that make it easier to get work done. Some of the key features of Office 2021 include:
- Real-time co-authoring: With Office 2021, you can work on documents with other people in real-time, making it easier to collaborate on projects. You can see what others are typing as they type it, and you can also chat with them directly within the document.
- Improved inking: Office 2021 comes with improved inking capabilities, making it easier to use a stylus or touchscreen to write, draw, or annotate documents. You can also use the new ink to shape feature to quickly turn your handwritten notes into polished shapes.
- New PowerPoint features: Office 2021 comes with a range of new features in PowerPoint that make it easier to create professional-looking presentations. These include the ability to import 3D models, the option to use the Morph transition to create smooth animations, and the ability to record and playback audio and video within the presentation.
- Outlook improvements: Office 2021 includes several improvements to Outlook, including the ability to schedule meetings directly from email and the option to set “focused” and “other” email folders to help you prioritize your inbox.
There are many other new and improved features in Office 2021, and we will cover some of these in more detail later in this article.
Office 2010 is an older version of Microsoft Office, and it does not have all of the same features and capabilities as Office 2021. Some of the key features of Office 2010 include:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook: Like Office 2021, Office 2010 includes the core productivity applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. These programs have many of the same features as their counterparts in Office 2021, but they may not have all of the latest and most advanced capabilities.
- Excel Sparklines: Office 2010 includes the ability to use Sparklines in Excel, which are small charts that can be inserted into a cell to help you visualize data.
- PowerPoint broadcast: Office 2010 includes the ability to broadcast a PowerPoint presentation over the internet, allowing you to share your